Friday, March 4, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection



1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
The different types of market research stood out to me. I knew about gathering secondary and primary data before reading the text, but I didn’t know that research can be categorized into quantitative and qualitative research. The book does a great job of explaining the difference between quantitative and qualitative research.

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
The most confusing part of the reading was Table 10.2 which explained the comparison of different research techniques. This table confused me because I didn’t understand the information in the columns. For example, what is limited to moderate and confined supposed to mean.

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
If I can ask two questions, I would ask “Is marketing necessary for creating a successful company?” and “What role does market segment play in the success of a marketing program?” I would ask these questions because they both relate to marketing which is the chapter’s topic.

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
No, there is nothing I think the author is wrong about.

No comments:

Post a Comment