Thursday, February 18, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection



1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Nothing surprised me in this reading. It wasn’t a new topic for me because I learned about segmentation in my Marketing course. However, I enjoyed the reading since it went into detail with segmentation examples which supported the definition of segmentation.

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
The most confusing part of the reading was the explanation of the “What is at Stake” table. The example of the razor company confused me a little because the reading was explaining so many business options, and I was not following along.

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
If I was able to ask two questions, I would ask the authors “If they can explain the “What is at Stake” table?” and “Why do they think some segments fail to attract targeted consumers?”
I would ask them “If they can explain the “What is at Stake” table?” because I really didn’t fully understand the table with its different categories. It would be better if they simplified the information.
Also, I would ask “Why do they think some segments fail to attract targeted consumers?” because often segments attract unintended consumers, or don’t increase sales at all like in the Miller Lite example. I would like to get a professional perspective on that problem in the Marketing world.

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
No, there is nothing that I disagree about in the reading that the author spoke on.

No comments:

Post a Comment