Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection



1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
The biggest surprise in the reading was the myths about venture capitalists. The list of myths really informed me about what to anticipate from venture capitalists. For example, the myth about venture capitalists needing only basic summary information before they make an investment was unexpected because I thought venture capitalists were willing to give all good business ideas a chance without further investigation.

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
The concept of initial public offering (IPO) has always confused me, and it was no different in this reading. I had trouble keeping with the author’s description of IPO under the ‘Public Offerings’ heading.

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
If I can ask two questions to the author, it would be “what percentage of people receive capital for their businesses from investors?” and “what is your opinion on companies that prefer to use their profits to fund their businesses instead of getting capital from outsiders?”
I would ask the author “what percentage of people receive capital for their businesses from investors?” because I would like to know the success rate of entrepreneurs seeking capital from investors. I would ask the author “what is your opinion on companies that prefer to use their profits to fund their businesses instead of getting capital from outsiders?” because some businesses prefer to use their profits to fund their companies, and I want to know if the author thinks it’s beneficial or harmful to their businesses.

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
No, there isn’t anything I think the author is wrong about from what I read in Chapter 8.

1 comment:

  1. I want to share a testimony on how Le_Meridian funding service helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Or lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp 1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant. 

    ReplyDelete